When less is more…
Ian Barker Gardens have designed some of Melbourne’s most beautiful and iconic gardens. They share with us some simple tips for garden design.
Ian’s simple tips for garden design:
- Less is more: don’t overdesign a garden
- A few key elements well executed will imbue the space with calm
- Don’t be a slave to trends: aim for a timeless look
- To blend old and new gardens, restrict the material palette to two or three hard surfaces and use them throughout the project
- The key to creating a mixed perennial bed is to use a limited plant palette, and repeat-planting in waves.
For beautiful design inspiration,
follow us on Instagram @ianbarkergardens.
Tag 3 friends by 31 December for your chance to win a free onsite consultation with Ian.