Inspiration in prayer, scripture reading, and mentoring:
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord
- Practice of prayer, both individually and together
- Authority of the Bible as God’s Word to all people
Belonging in worship, small group life, and commitment:
- Worshiping together
- Fellowship with God’s people everywhere
- Equality of all in the Church community
- Believers’ baptism and the Lord’s Supper
Purpose in witness, service, and justice:
- Sharing with others our faith in Christ
- Service to our community
- Use of gifts and abilities (within the life of the Church)
Canterbury Baptist Church is committed to protecting the safety of all people within its programs, ministries and events. Our policies have been developed to uphold this commitment to safeguarding and to adhere to national and state legislation.
We have four services: Sunday at 10am, Sunday at 5pm, as well as Messy Church and a monthly Reflective Gathering.
We also run Connect Groups and Bible Studies, Youth Groups, Families Programs, English classes, and more.
Our church supports young people through our youth group program and through resources for teenagers.
Our youth group program is named Oxygen. We meet every second Friday from 7.30pm to 10pm (unless otherwise specified). Every evening includes games and a time of discussing faith issues relevant to high school students.
Also, see fervr.net – a website for teenagers who care about their world and their faith.
For more information about our youth program email us here.
Yet today we are a very young church as well. We have a spread of all age groups, with new people continuing to join us every month.
Jesus calls us all to follow with our whole lives. We nurture that life in God through the Bible, prayer, and encouragement of one another.
What is Messy Church?
- A new way of ‘doing’ church for people of all ages
- Quality time together for the whole family
- A relaxed and informal gathering
- Church that embraces creativity, hospitality, and celebration